Objective A: Downtown Revitalizations begins with a core group of champions. Communities that create a systematic approach to strong program management are focused on their strategic goals of downtown development
· Goal 1: Have a Local government that is well informed about what “Main Street” is and how it works.
· Goal 2: Have a Main Street Start-Up Program Manager that understands the program, the Start-Up process, is accessible to DCA staff, is knowledgeable about the Main Street area, and promotes the program throughout the local community.
· Goal 3: Appoint a working board of directors for the Main Street Program.
Objective B: Successful programs understand the principles of Main Street and are able to effectively communicate to the local community.
· Goal 4: Adopt meaningful and effective vision and mission statements for the organization.
· Goal 5: Host a community town hall meeting to help develop the vision for Main Street and to plan for the future.
Objective C: The local program will strive t learn more about Main Street through networking, participating in workshops and conferences, and disseminating information to local government, board members, residents and businesses.
· Goal 6: Join the National Main Street Center
· Goal 7: The Main Street Start-Up Program will participate in mandatory training offered by the DCA
· Goal 8: Join the Start-Up Manager’s Facebook Group Page provided by the DCA
Objective D: The Start-Up Community should possess and promote a historic preservation ethic.
· Goal 9: Create a meaningful preservation statement that can be executed through the work of the organization.
Objective E: The Start-Up Community should prepare for the first year of accreditation as an official Georgia Main-Street City.
· Goal 10: Develop a plan of action for the Organization for 2015