Sewer Department Laborer
Responsibilities: This is a semi-skilled position performing work within the City of Ringgold’s Sewer Department. This position reports to the Sewer Department Foreman. This position will perform required work in various sewer project activities in the City/County which include, but is not limited to: perform routine maintenance on sewer system and equipment, climb in and out of manholes, remove and replace manhole covers, and other labor intensive duties as required.
All interested applicants should complete an employment application at Ringgold City Hall, 150 Tennessee Street, Ringgold, Georgia 30736. NO PHONE CALLS. Applications may also be obtained at www.cityofringgold.com under forms. The City of Ringgold is an equal opportunity employer.
- Posses a valid Georgia driver’s license and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have sufficient physical strength and ability to independently and repeatedly lift, move and carry objects weighing up to 80 pounds; and to repeatedly lift, move and carry objects weighing more than 100 pounds with assistance
- Able to obtain Commercial Drivers License within six months of hire date.
- Able to obtain State of Georgia Certification of Wastewater Collection System Operator within 12 months.
- Ability to drive and operate the department’s assigned vehicles and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions.
- Must be available to respond to service needs or maintenance problems during evenings and on weekends.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen.
- Must have knowledge of and/or ability to learn occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Must be semi-skilled in mechanics
- Must have legal authorization to work within the United States of America
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other employees and to effectively communicate with the public