The Georgia Winery
The 55-acre Jack Mattox Recreation Complex opened in 1999 and was named after the county's first recreation director. The Complex has seven lighted ball fields, a walking track, and a fishing pond. There are three Recreation Associations (Boynton, Ringgold and Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe) located throughout Catoosa County. These Associations facilitate and promote a variety of athletic programs and leisure based activities. Allocated S-P-L-O-S-T revenues continue to be used for park grounds and new fields for baseball, soccer, and football.
Address: 749 Pine Grove Road, Ringgold, GA , 30736, (706) 891-4199
Web site: catoosarec.com
Chickamauga-Chattanooga National Military Park
Located south of Ringgold on US 27 Battles set the stage for Union's 1864 invasion of Georgia. Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park, the nation’s first, was created in 1890 to preserve and commemorate these battlefields and allow visitors a first-hand look into the gateway of the deep south. The military park houses both the Chickamauga and Lookout Mountain Battlefields and offers major points of history and interest to people of all ages. The Chickamauga Battlefield has a driving tour and hiking trails with many monuments and historical landmarks to see along the way. Visitors to Lookout Mountain Battlefield will experience Point Park and scenic vistas.
Address: P.O. Box 2128, Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia 30742, (706) 866-9241
Northwest Georgia Bank Amphitheatre
A few months before Northwest Georgia Bank celebrated its 100th birthday on Aug. 26, 2004, longtime Chairman & CEO Wes Smith wanted to give a $200,000 gift to the community from the Bank’s Foundation.
More than three years later, that $200,000 donation has grown to more than $550,000 in donations from the Northwest Georgia Bank Foundation and the facility’s seating capacity has increased to an estimated 4,000.
220 Catoosa Circle, Ringgold, GA , 30736, (423) 822-5750, www.nwgbamp.com
6th Calvary Museum
The 6th Cavalry Museum preserves the rich military history of the “Fighting Sixth” Cavalry, stationed at The Post at Fort Oglethorpe 1919 – 1942.
The story of the 6th Cavalry is an illustrious one, beginning in 1861 as a U.S. Cavalry Regiment.
Located on the Post’s original parade ground – polo field, the area is listed on the National Register of Historic Sites.
Address: 2 Barnhardt Circle, Fort Oglethorpe, GA 30742, (706) 861-2860
Other Nearby Attractions
Lake Winnepesaukah Amusement Park
Warner Park Zoo